This article will show the importance of a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for any GST related functions and necessities. As per the GST Act, 2017, now every business-related tax filing comes under the GST taxation procedure.
It is why every GST registered business personnel and entity is recommended to register a DSC for a better, fast, and proficient business operation.
As per the IT Act, 2000 of the Indian Govt. digital signature came into the limelight to sign documents quickly with just one electronic token, known as Digital Signature Certificate or DSC.
Meaning of Digital Signature Certificate
A Digital Signature Certificate is a signature that can be done without using pen and paper or physical appearance. Digital Signature Certificate is of three classes which are named as Class 1 DSC, Class 2 DSC & Class 3 DSC.
For GST related usage, only Class 2 and Class 3 DSC is being used.
Where can we use Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) for GST?
· For official email and web-based transactions for GST
· While registering under the GST Taxation system of the Indian Govt.
· In the time of the GST Filing process
· Registering for GST E-Way Billing to transport goods
· To provide evidence of ownership of a registered business
· To sign web forms, e-tendering documents without entering a user name and password
Benefits of using DSC
When business individuals register a Digital Signature Certificate, he/she would be benefited in the following areas:
· Cost Saving
· Workflow Efficiency
· Better Customer Experience
· Enhanced Digital Security
· Environmental benefits